1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But when the applause dies ........Awards tarnish ........ Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5.Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money ... or the most awards. They simply are the ones who care the most.... so keep tha close to your heart.
Sadly, even after internet research I have not been able to find the author of this amazing philosophy.... but whomever wrote it, I want to share it with you.... to ponder on.... to allow your heart to be open and accept that we don’t have to have a wall or shelf full of accolades and honors to prove what a successful and loved person we are....... just look to your friends for that.... Vibrational Blessings, Debbie A. Anderson