As a child growing up, I pondered on the possibility of a lover giving his sweetheart bizarre gifts... where do you stash 10 lords a leaping...... and giggling at The Muppets version with Miss Piggy screeching out.. 5 GOLD rings badam-pam-pam.
Here are the twelve traditional days of Christmas and the meaning for each day.
- December 25 - A Partridge in a Pear Tree – represented the birth of Jesus Christ
- December 26 - Two Turtle Doves - The Old and New Testaments
- December 27 - Three French Hens - The three virtues of Faith, Hope and Charity
- December 28 - Four Calling Birds - Four gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
- December 29 - Five Golden Rings - First five books of the Old Testament
- December 30 - Six Geese-a-Laying - Six days of creation before God's rest on the seventh day
- December 31 - Seven Swans-a-Swimming - Seven gifts of the Holy Spirit
- January 1 - Eight Maids-a-Milking - Eight Beatitudes
- January 2 - Nine Ladies Dancing - Nine fruits of the Holy Spirit
- January 3 - Ten Lords-a-Leaping - Ten Commandments
- January 4 - Eleven Pipers Piping - Eleven faithful disciples
- January 5 - Twelve Drummers Drumming -Twelve points of belief in the Apostles' Creed
On Twelfth Night (usually) Christmas decorations were taken down... to leave them up after that date was deemed unlucky. Twelfth Night, marks the beginning of Epiphany on 6 January, the Christian feast day when observers celebrated the visit to Jesus by the Magi - known to us all as the Three kings, or Wise Men.
Now I have explained the traditional 12 days of Christmas I want to invite you to embrace, starting December 25, Twelve new possibilities for you to consider.
Each day I will post on my blog one of the Twelve Vibrational Frequencies of Christmas for you to attract a higher resonance in 2019. I challenge you to expand each vibrational day with words you feel create further connectedness with each one of the twelve vibrations I will share from December 25 to January 5, 2019.
And.... when you are ready, answer this question to each of them... “What can I do to bring this frequency into being?”
Maybe it is an inward change or an outward action... as always, the choice is yours... when you are ready.
Vibrational Blessings Debbie A. Anderson